This page will be updated as information changes. Latest update: 5/27/2020 10:00 a.m.
Please see the latest bilinngual community communication regarding reopening for the school year 2020/21: Reopening Communication for School Year 2020/21
- Maryland Coronavirus website
- Maryland Unites website
- News from Governor Hogan
- Maryland State Department of Education
GISW is committed to keeping our community safe, healthy, and informed. Please check this page for updated information on COVID-19 (formerly known as the 2019-nCoV coronavirus). Students and employees, please see the school nurse if you need medical assistance.
Current Status:Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Governor Hogan closed all Maryland schools for the remainder of the school year. The GISW campus is closed. Distance Learning continues.
Dealing with the pandemic: Tips from our GISW counselors
- Avoid contact with those who are ill, if possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60 percent alcohol. Hand sanitizing stations are located in all campus academic, residential and administration buildings.
- Cough into your sleeve or a tissue, not directly into your hands, and discard tissue immediately.
- Avoid touching your face both when you are ill and when healthy.
- Avoid sharing food, utensils, cups, and water bottles.
WTOP School Closings: https://wtop.com/closings-and-delays/
Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html