For questions regarding the application process, please contact our Admissions & Oureach Coordinator, Susanne Rosenbaum, at 301.767.3807 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the option of downloading the forms on this page or to request an information packet to be sent to you by mail.
(PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE FORMS FOR GERMAN LANGUAGE COURSES. To sign up for the GLC, please go to GISWashington.org/glc.)
Admissions Forms 2017/18
Please note the cut-off dates regarding child's age at the German School Washington D.C.
Afternoon Program (starting at 1:30pm - end time depends on grade level):
SCHOOL ENTRY LEVEL THROUGH GRADE 12:
The afternoon program for grades SEL through 12 is included in tuition. Please view various course offerings of the afternoon progam for grades 1 through 12 for the 2015/16 school year. The courses that students will choose from for 2017/18 will be similar. If you choose to opt out of the afternoon program please complete and submit the following waiver to the Business Office by March 31, 2017. Students in grades SEL-4 receive a tuition rebate of $1,000 for opting out; students in grades 5-12 receive a tuition rebate of $500 for opting out.
> School Entry Level through grade 12: Afternoon Program Waiver (front)
> School Entry Level through grade 12: Afternoon Program Waiver (back) - Late Pick-Up Policy
Extended Care Program (3:15 - 4:45pm):> Application Form Extended Care: School Entry Level through Grade 9
> Order Form: Cafeteria Lunch Pass
Leaving the School
> Authorization to Administer Prescribed Medication
> Self-Carry / Self-Administration of Emergency Medication Authorization/Approval
> Anaphylaxis/Severe Allergy/Food Allergy – Individualized Health Care Plan
The following is the official approval process to be followed by parents and teachers regarding requests for leave:
1. Parents submit a request for leave for their child well in advance of the date of the request, but no later than one week in advance of the planned absence.
2. Under exigent circumstances (sudden illness, death), the above-mentioned timelines may be reduced.
3. Home room teachers are authorized to grant leave requests of up to one day.
4. All requests in conjunction with regularly scheduled school vacation dates (e.g., leave requests for days off prior to or after school vacations or holidays such as Thanksgiving) or requests that exceed one day must be approved by the Head of School.
5. All requests are submitted in writing via the home room teacher and are either approved or denied.
6. The Head of School will provide written confirmation of approved or denied requests.
7. Parents will be notified promptly by hard copy or via email.
8. The original request will be routed via the home room teachers (information only) to the Business Office.
9. The Business Office will place the request in the appropriate student file.