The Steering Committee
The Steering Committee is responsible for the coordination of the school development at the GISW and oversees the work of project groups. The members of the committee come from all areas of the school: Student Government (SMV), Parents‘ Council (SEBR), Faculty Members, Business Office Staff, Board of Directors, Head of School. The inclusion of representatives of each area allows for an oversight of the work of the project groups from variety of different angles and a direct communication to all groups and departments.
The Steering Committee
- oversees and coordinates the process of school development and supports the different project groups that are working on developmental focal points based on their action plans
- is responsible for evaluating the measurements within the framework of school development
- informs all groups and departments (SEBR, SMV, Faculty, Board, Business Office) and communicates on the current status of the school development process
Based on suggestions from the school community and based on external requirements, the Steering Committee makes recommendations to the Head of School regarding developmental focal points that will be developed in a project group. Teachers receive extra pay for taking on the lead role in a project group that lasts for a longer time, at least 2 years.
The current developmental focal points of the GISW are:
- Field Trips and Student Exchange Programs
- Methods of Teaching (Methodenkonzept)
- Knowledge Transfer
- Strengthening the School Identity
- Teaching at different academic levels in one classroom (Binnendifferenzierung)
- A program of individually-oriented instructional units that focus on extra coaching to improving language skills (German and English) and on challenging our gifted students (Förderkonzept und Forderkonzept - FuF)
Project Groups / Coordinators:
- Prorgam for extra coaching and on challenging student (Förderkonzept und Forderkonzept - FuF)
- Concept for using Media in the classroom (Medienkonzept)
Additionally the Steering Committee oversees:
- Career & College Counseling
Steering committee meetings are open to the public and visitors who sign up one week before a meeting date are welcome to join us. Please sign up with Guido Mueller at firstname.lastname@example.org. In general, the Steering Committee meets on a Tuesday or a Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00 pm. The meeting dates are posted on the school calendar.